My First Month In College
Brailey Hall
Professor Still
READ304
20 September 2018
My First Month in College
August 11,2018. The day I moved out and into a completely new world. The fact that I was leaving home and living on my own, I was thrilled. When I moved to Bryan, I thought it was going to be fun. Be with your friends twenty-four seven, partying and drinking. At first that what it all consisted of, then school started. After the third week of being away I got awfully home sick. Not realizing how much I really depended on my family. Now every weekend I go back home to see my family, friends and boyfriend.
Don’t get me wrong, I have classes that I do enjoy. I like is my Texas History class with Professor Bane. That man so full of life and loves his job. I am intrigued in Texas History because it not like your basic high school history class with the gym coach being your teacher. He teaches us this that we had no idea about, but are interested in. Why do we (Texas) name our teams the way we do? We name our teams the way we do because of strong history with the old west, NASA, and oil/petroleum history. For examples Dallas Cowboys, old west. Houston Astros, NASA. Houston Oilers (now known as the Tennessee Titans), oil/petroleum. I never put these things together until Professor Bane told us about them. And these are just some of the facts he has told us about.
All though there are classes that don’t enjoy as much, like my Business and Social class. Professor Homsi has a very think Spanish accent that is almost not understandable. He teaches to fast and doesn’t give us, his students time to take down notes and fully understand what is going on. Also, he doesn’t go very in-depth in to his lectures. I know that I am not the only student who feels this way.
The other class that I don’t enjoy just as much in my education class. It is just like the AVID class I took back in high school for four years, but with this professor, Professor Skinner, she doesn’t really have an idea of what she is teaching. She has admitted to his on multiple occasions. A wise lady she is, but not with her teaching skills. We also have a lot of assignments in her class, but she doesn’t really tell us about them, so we have to wing it and hope that we get it right.
I like my reading class, Professor Still makes it upbeat and fun. The way he talks to us makes us feel good. He’ not like any regular professor, he actually cares about what we think and how we are doing. In most of my teachers could careless with what is going on in our daily lives. Also, he takes interest in what we like. Professor Still is a phenomenal man. Wednesday, September 19, I had my first major exam in reading. I’m not going to lie it was tough, but that has to do with my lack of studying. Now I realize that college is not a joke. From here on out I will do my best be more prepared.
hey that good and i move out here by myself to
ReplyDeleteI like History to , wow you move out of your parents house .
ReplyDeleteI go back home to see my friends and my family too.
ReplyDeleteI noticed we are semi-alike. I miss home as well, thank the lord I'm going back this weekend.
ReplyDeletethat's tough, how some professors just don't care about their students success.
ReplyDeleteYou are really lucky that you can visit your family on the weekends, because most people can't, which could be very frustrating at times.
ReplyDelete