Who I Am

Brailey Hall
Professor Still
READ304
17 September 2018
Who I Am
I am Brailey Devon Hall, from Burnet, Texas. That’s my home, because all my family and friends are there. I've grown up there since I was two-years old. I started school in Burnet at Head Start, and the first semester of kindergarten. Second semester of kindergarten, I went to Marble Falls till the end of seventh grade. Then I moved back to Burnet in eighth grade and graduated from Burnet High School. During high school, I played softball and did powerlifting. During my career as a powerlifter I received one State medal, three Regional champion medals, four gold medals, two silver, and one bronze. Not only did I play softball for my high school, I also played in a co-ed league, and a women’s league. I am the youngest girl playing in both leagues as of right now. 
Some important people in my life would have to be my Grandma Gilda, Mom, and older brother Drake. My grandma Gilda taught me how to cook, what family means, and to appreciate life. My mom, because she taught me to be selfless and has always stood by my side no matter how mean or hateful I would be. She is a real mother that I wouldn’t trade for the world. She told me one day, “Mija, no matter how hard life gets or if you fail, you have me. I will always be here for you.” She is my rock, my mom, and my best friend. Drake, because he has watched over me since I was a baby. He taught me to fish, how to shoot a gun, and not to be such a girly-girl. 
For my hobbies I like to play puzzle games, watch The Office, listen to music, and to play in fundraiser tournaments..  Music is a very important part of my life, because it can be used for everything. Films, dance, emotions. Like in my favorite song is Grow Old by Florida Georgia Line. He’s talking to a woman he truly loves and talks about how they’re life could be together. “Let’s hold hands on your favorite beach. Fix up a house in the city limits. Tangled up in satin sheets. And get a little loud when we’ve had too much to drink. And learn to love from a church pew. Laugh about all the times we counted pennies. Buy some land with a good view to start family. Baby grow old with me.” 

I like playing in fundraiser touronauts, they are meaningful to me because I know I'm playing for a purpose. The most recent one I have played in was in a volleyball tournament. It was for my family friend’s mom, Sandy Guzman. Sandy was diagnosed with a chronic illness of Relapsing Polychondritis that made medical conditions tough. She has battled with this for twelve years and yet she has had nothing but a positive outlook on life with this lifelong condition. 

Comments

  1. Bray, If you've never seen the British version of THE OFFICE, I highly recommend it. There's only two seasons and a Christmas special, so you can watch the entirety of it within a month's time easily. I've sat through all of the British OFFICE about four times. It's the best in super awkward comedy. And David Brent is just so much sleazier than Michael Scott. Let me know if you catch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people have your support and really encourage you a lot . Your Family and friends got your back too, and I love listening to music make's me feel emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people will support and encourage you a lot .your Family and Friends love you all will have your back no Matter what .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super glad you aren't a girly girl. You wouldn't be as cool as you are today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you girl my mom is my best friend we talk about everything she's always there for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bray ! You so friendly and funny... I'm glad meet you..You make me feeling interesting this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puzzles games are the best, they are so calming, but not all some are stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know some friends who born and raised in Burnet, Texas. Also, always hear about the Bluebonnet festival in Burnet i'm interesting to go one day there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4

My First Month In College